Here are some pics of the projects we have going. Robert is working on the floors and I am working on tiling. And, we have working heat and ac!
This weekend Robert got started on the wood floors and I got started on the tiling. It was a mush less productive weekend than expected, but we are set up now for several very productive weekends in the near future. (Now that we know what we are doing!
We had a friend join us at the last minute, thanks Jen! And we saw a munch of elk on our way to grab some stuff for breakfast. There were about 50 of them.
Here are some pictures!
We first laid eyes on the property exactly one year ago yesterday (10/13/12).
We are ready to close in the walls. The insulators come tomorrow and the drywallers come later this week (after we pass insulation inspection). Then it’s time for floors, trim, tile, etc.
Another big step we are hoping for in the next few weeks is a finished shed and approval to energize.
Here are some pictures.
We had the vents installed. Here is the range hood.
The “foam” from the foam and caulk. We passed the air seal inspection.
Our floors were delivered from the mill one town over.
The deck frame is in.
Last but not least, my brother, Mac, came to visit a couple weeks ago.
We made lots of progress this weekend! The inspector is scheduled for this week. Wish us luck!
Here are some pics of our progress.
Robert has spent most of the last 3 weekends in the crawl space running wires.
One of my jobs was to wire the panel.
And progress by our builder: most of the siding is up, the deck footings are in, and half of the ceiling and soffits has been delivered.
And last but not least, we had lots of help from Todd (no picture, sorry) and personal chefs with us this weekend, Char and Brian.
Sadly, the title of my post doesn’t include the word “complete”. But we are really close.
This week we finished wiring ALL of the high voltage. That includes all of the interior lights, receptacles, USB outlets, fire alarms, 2 ceiling fans, 6 ceiling lights, a bathroom fan, exterior floods, a shed feed, a generator hookup, and connecting the service feed! Whew! All we have left is to finish hooking up the panel and run speakers and data. We are hoping that’s just a 2 day job and we will be done by the end of next weekend (we are cautiously optimistic).
Here are some pictures:
Todd planted grass seed last weekend. At the beginning of this weekend they had barely sprouted.
Oh, I forgot to mention the floor boxes.
Robert, dealing with the service cable. That thing is huge and a pain to deal with.
The panel with only a couple of circuits hooked up.
The panel as we left it today. Next weekend this will be Kelly’s project to finish.
We are crazy enough to be doing our own wiring for the cabin. This was our first weekend at it. Todd (Robert’s brother) came out to help too.
Lessons learned this weekend:
– electrical boxes are hard to use.
– Robert is better at the crawl space work than I am (ok, may e that’s just what I let him believe so that I spend less time in the crawl space).
– I am better at backing up a trailer than Robert. This is SHOCKING, but true. Thanks dad!
– don’t forget the frying pan if you want eggs for breakfast.
– and, a bunch of other stuff.
All in all, a very productive weekend.
The back of the car full of electrical do-dads. This was the first of three trips to the electrical store last week.
Me handing Robert a beer while he was working hard in the crawl space running wire.